Monday 21 January 2013

An excursion to the Silk Market

 Hello!

 I'm going to share with you some photos from our first Tuesday in China, when we had our first economics lecture, then went on an excursion to the Silk Market (formally Silk Street Pearl Market).

 It was our first venture outside of Beijing Normal University campus, and my first experience with the Beijing bus and subway system. It was certainly a night to remember.

Economics

View from the window of the room where we had our economics lecture - in a very tall building!

Inside of said room - we felt like we were in a meeting of the UN!

BNU campus at night



The Bell

The library


Leaving BNU

Lots of crows!









At the subway station







At the Silk Market















Panda shop!









 After our trip to the Silk Market we went to a restaurant and had our first Chinese meal out, and it was lovely. Naomi, Kasia and I then had an adventure trying to find a taxi but we succeeded in the end. 

 I also saw the centre of Beijing for the first time; such incredible, huge buildings: it is truly magnificent. It really hit me then that I was there, in China, half-way across the world from my home. I think it was the first time I really believed it, that I was in Beijing. It was a very special feeling.

 This adventure was my first taste of Beijing outside of the Uni campus and immediate surrounding area, and it was certainly an eye-opener. It was an amazing night, and I made some brilliant friends.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment