Friday 8 February 2013

Our first Friday - sunset and restaurant

 Hello!

 I want to share with you some photos I took on our first Friday in Beijing - the Winter Solstice. Some photos are of the Beijing sunset from our apartment terrace, and the rest are of the paper-burner dish that we enjoyed at a restaurant; a paper-burner dish was was something I had never seen before.

 Firstly, the sunset - it was truly beautiful and I love the view of the mountains beyond the city.












 That evening Abi, Scott, Sally and I had a lovely meal at a restaurant to celebrate the Winter Solstice, which is an important festival in China. It was a gorgeous evening and it so nice chatting with the others and getting to know them better ♥

 We ordered fish balls and noodles in a "paper-burner," and I was intrigued as to what this would be. We were given the food in a paper dish with a little stove burning under it - it was really amazing and something I'd never seen in a restaurant before. And the fish balls and noodles were delicious.

With flame

Without flame

The restaurant


 In the background of these pictures you can see the big glass of mango drink that we shared; we drank it out of little dishes - see left side of third photo. The drink was delicious; it was somewhere between a juice and a smoothie and was unlike anything I'd ever had before - as is the case with many things I experienced in China.

 I loved the Winter Solstice and am so glad I got to spend it in China with such amazing friends.

 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment