Monday 31 December 2012

Some photos


Hello!
Here are some photos from my time in China so far!

First two: the view from my window!






Next: the Study China opening ceremony



Beautiful flowers at the opening ceremony


Me at the opening ceremony


Out and about in Beijing




Cool name for a shop


 A fruit stall 

Some durians

 
Street with lots of food stalls

                                        
Selection of eggs

Seed stall. 
Seeds appear to be important to the Chinese as stalls like this are a common sight.


A Chinese lion

Callum! I saw this and thought of you!

                                     
The famous symbolic bell in the beautiful grounds of Beijing Normal University

A Chinese flag

Some of the nine million

Our first economics lecture

Calligraphy!

Calligraphy!

My attempt at the cursive hand form of the character for the dragon


Beijing Opera




The last lady is the Drunken Concubine who was my favourite character



Am about to go out to celebrate New Year's Eve with the group; I hope you enjoyed the photos and I will upload more as soon as I can.

 Thanks for reading! And Happy New Year!

 Liz x

1 comment:

  1. Super photos! Happy New Year,
    love Mam xxx

    ReplyDelete