Thursday 28 March 2013

The Bird's Nest and Olympic Park

 Ni hao!

 In the afternoon/evening of our last Wednesday I finally managed to visit the place I had been most determined to see: The Bird's Nest Stadium. 

 It was genuinely amazing to actually be in the presence of this building in which I had seen the amazing 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony, and where Usain Bolt broke two world records; as well as the Aquatics Center where Michael Phelps won eight gold medals.

 The Olympic Park has its own ambiance; it felt quite calm when we were there, kind of other-worldly. We had to rush around seeing the main places, but in future if I ever get the chance I would love to go back and spend more time there.




Cauldron

















Seats!








 Thanks for reading,

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment